Date:      Thu, 06 Feb 1997 18:30:15 -0500
From:      Marc Evans <marc@destek.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI related system hangs (3.0-SNAP)

Hi -

I have a P133 with a 2940 controller hooked to 3 Seagate Baracuda's (4G). I
have loaded 3.0-970124-SNAP onto one fo the drives, and the others I am
*attempting* to "newfs" without success. The system as currently configured
has worked under BSDI-2.1 previously, and hence hardware is not suspected,
though I have retraced SCSI termination.

The problem in more detail is that I issue the following:

	newfs -m 1 -i 1024 /dev/sd1c

The controller light is observed flashing dimly for abotu 30 seconds, as does
the drive light. After this, both go out and the system is wedged. Nothing
short of a reset results in controll being regained.

Any suggestions? Please E-MAIL TO ME your response, as I am not a list
subscriber.

Thanks in advance - Marc
Marc Evans                            WB1GRH      The Destek Networking Group
E-Mail: Marc@Destek.NET                           One Indian Head Plaza
MIME-1.0 & Enriched-Text mail accepted            603 594 9630 (V) 598 8864 (F)
PGP-2.6 key available upon request                WAN & Internet Services
PGP-2.6 Fingerprint:  20 7C A2 DB 17 B2 21 80  47 AA B9 CD D9 DE 31 CC
       The XFree86[tm] Project, Inc. Industry Liason <Marc@XFree86.Org>