Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 15:32:42 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs related question...

In the last episode (Jun 05), The Hermit Hacker said:
> 	A couple of weeks back, I decided that in order to work with
> the CAM drivers, and keep my kernel/OS alittle more in sync, I would
> remove the 'tag=.' line from my CVSup and download the whole
> repository, then checkout the source tree, apply the CAM drivers and
> then update as required...
>
> 	Today I figured out that this hasn't quite been working as
> expected...my source tree is locked at 'May20th', which is what I
> checked out in order to sync in the CAM drivers...

Check the CVS directory of one of your source subdirs for a "Tag" file.
If "Tag" file exists, a "cvs update" will always stay in sync with
whatever tag is listed in that file.  It's most useful when Tag is
TRELENG_2_2; i.e. tracking the -stable branch.

You probably did a "cvs -q update -dP -D 05/02/1998", which locked you
-on current as of May 20.

Try a "cvs -q update -dP -r HEAD", to force cvs to track -current as of
now.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com