Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 1995 15:03:43 -0500
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, se@ZPR.Uni-Koeln.DE
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, tinguely@plains.nodak.edu
Subject:   Re: Matrox Meteor Video Capture Card Driver

> > Since I'm currently maintaining the PCI and NCR code,
> > we might try to get the Matrox Meteor supported on
> > more motherboards ...
>
> I doubt you are going to fix the ``hardware'' bugs in the Mercury
> chipset that causes the problems with boards like the Meteor.

I just tried the meteor card in an ASUS triton box with the NCR controller in
it.  The machine locked up on large frame transfers.  It seemed to work
just fine as long as I kept the PCI data transfer down with small frame
sizes.  If I remove the NCR controller and use a different one, the
machine works just fine.

For some reason, the NCR seems to lock up when the PCI bus gets real
busy.  I am not sure why.

	-Jim