Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 1997 18:04:47 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Cowan Bowman <cowan@cyberport.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /dev/rccd1c: CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM

I get the following error when my system boots.

[Boots mesages previous to these are OK]

/dev/rccd0c:clean, 6139467 free (11 frags, 767432 blocks, 0.0% fragmentation)
/dev/rsd3a:clean, 4069357 free (13 frags, 508668 blocks, 0.0% fragmentation)
cannot alloc 1989121 bytes for statemap
/dev/rccd1c: CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM.
/dev/rccd1c: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
Automatic file system check failed... help!
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

I hit enter to go into single user mode, run fsck manually,  it checks out
fine.  I exit and it continues to boot without any problems.

Anyone have any Ideas what is happening?
If any more info is needed mail me and I'll reply with the info.

Thanks, Cowan