Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:09:06 +0200
From:      German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   libjava / gcc 3.0.1

Hi.

Is anyone succesfully using libjava (libgcj) on FreeBSD ?
After tweaking a few things in the source to make it compile,
the linker says

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: unrecognized option '--library=gcjgc'
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: use the --help option for usage information
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

whenever I try to link a program using gcj. The above message
doesn't really make sense to me, because the library mentioned
exists and --library is a valid option (in fact the option
passed to ld is -lgcjgc).

--gt