Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:30:29 -0800
From:      "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
To:        "Brett Glass" <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: CA Power Shortage (was Re: Why do you support Yahoo!)

Brett Glass wrote:

> Bush became a candidate because monied interests thought that he would
> favor them and thus contributed many millions to his campaign.

	Actually, both candidates got significant contributions from both
individuals and companies.

> He won
> because a majority of the Supreme Court justices, some of whom wished
> to retire and be replaced by members of the same political party, were
> willing to defy their own long standing principles to ensure that party's
> victory. Two of the justices in the majority had close relatives who were
> actively campaigning, and yet did not recuse themselves -- a horrendous
> breach of judicial ethics.

	I'm sure that being a fair-minded person, you would put the Florida Supreme
Court's decision to prevent the election results from being certified in the
same category. Remember, not only did nobody ask them to issue the
restraining order, but they had no power to do so.

	DS