Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:37:49 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about "enable dns" in PPP

From the manpage for ppp(8):

8.   Ask your ISP to authenticate your nameserver address(es)
     with the line

		     enable dns

Does this depend on the ISP as to whether it'll work or not?

It works fine for one ISP, but not for the other (I'm trying out
a free one). This is a bit of a nuisance. Is there anything I can
do to "fix" it? (there's no point talking to the ISP, they only
"support" Windows, and they only have a premium-rate phone number
for support)

--
STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.