Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 02:36:36 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Gary Chrysler <tcg@mainelink.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: User PPP & dev/tun

Gary Chrysler wrote in message ID
<319FC78B.69BD@mainelink.net>:
> Does this mean that I'm outta luck?

Most likely, unless you are a kernel hacker.

> How hard/much work would it be to implement it?

Probably quite a lot. There were a significant (i.e. large) number of
changes between 2.0R and 2.0.5R in the kernel which could make
back-porting the driver difficult.

> 2) I don't want to buy 2.1 just to have 2.2 come out a week later.. :)
>    I'll wait and buy the 2.2 CD..

2.2 will NOT be out for some time (I would guess it would be near the
end of the year). The next release will be 2.1.1, and is still at
least a month from net release (my best guess anyhow) and it would be
about another 2-3 weeks after that before the CD hit the streets.

Yours

*THE* Gary :-)