Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 07:17:19 -0500
From:      Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
To:        Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-SPARC <freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Dual Boot FreeBSD and Solaris?

Completely unneeded. This is supported by default from
openboot.

At the ok prompt, you just the disk you want to boot from
ok boot disk1

If needed you can get down into what partition you want to
boot from, and what file to boot. You can create your own aliases
to disks with the devalias command.

Say you want to be able to say "boot freebsd" and that FreeBSD is
located on disk 3 in the d partition. You'd create an alias like this
(on an Ultra5, you'll need to get the right device path for the E450, I
can't get at mine right now).

devalias freebsd /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/disk@3,4

The last 3 characters being the critic part. 3 is the disk (SCSI) id,
and 4 being the partition on the disk.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S		PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155