Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:30:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kirk Bollinger <kirkbollinger@sbcglobal.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SMP Kernel Panic 4.5

I have an Abit VP6 with two PIII's 1Ghz.

I'm getting the following kernel panic:

panic: lockmgr: pid 142, not sxclusive lock holder -80536370 unlocking
mp_lock = 00000001; cpuid = 0: lapic.id = 00000000
boot() called on cpu0

syncing disks...

I have 4.5 installed with a generic kernel with these modifications:

#cpu            I386_CPU
#cpu            I486_CPU

# To make an SMP kernel, the next two are needed
options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
options         APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

#STUFF I ADDED

options         NMBCLUSTERS=8192

any ideas?

thanks!