Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 1995 12:36:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mikebo@tellabs.com
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        mikebo (Mike Borowiec), wollman@lcs.mit.edu, hackers@freebsd.org, bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-951020-SNAP: Major bug in NFS again!

David wrote:
> >Garret wrote:
> >> No.  Source address != interface.
> I think you might be confusing this a bit. As was said above, just because
> the packet goes out an interface because of a prefered route doesn't mean that
> it will have that interface's address.
... chop ...

Dohhhhh!
I see the light... been working with Suns too long. ;v)
Can anyone point me at a document that describes the proper, 4.4BSD
operation vs. the old, insecure method? I'm assuming this is an RFC
or architectural paper?

Thanks everyone for your patience.
- Mike
Michael Borowiec   -   mikebo@tellabs.com   -   Tellabs Operations Inc.
Senior Member of Technical Staff                4951 Indiana Avenue, MS 63
708-512-8211  FAX: 708-512-7099                 Lisle, IL  60532  USA