Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 2021 15:53:50 +0200
From:      Mihai Carabas <mihai.carabas@gmail.com>
To:        Matt Churchyard <matt.churchyard@userve.net>
Cc:        Elena Mihailescu <elenamihailescu22@gmail.com>,  "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Warm Migration feature for bhyve - review on Phabricator

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your input. The Warm/Live Migration feature is designated for
cloud and cluster environments. Storage Live Migration is a feature that
would be nice to have, but will be tackled after we get in warm migration
and live migration using a shared storage. The code base is big enough as
it is. Adding storage migration will make it hard to get in. Also this is
the track that was followed by all hypervisors until now (KVM, Hyper-V,
VMware).

Thanks,
Mihai