Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 10:09:57 -0500
From:      "Richard Cotrina" <rcc@demo.telefonica.com.pe>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Usernames with Uppercase Letters ?

> Are you talking about the rather sarcastic bit in adduser(8)? That's
> just adduser. I do not believe there is any reason you cannont use
> uppercase letters. Just don't use adduser.

Thanks for your answer.

What I just found out is that the matter is really with sendmail. It seems
like sendmail turn the uppercase letters in lowercase ones.  I mean, if you
have a user called TEST , and you send an e-mail to the user TEST , the
sendmail daemon looks for a user called test , ( not TEST) , and ovbiously
it will say "User Unknown".

I am looking for some information to fix (?) this sendmail behaviour.

Richard