Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 1996 18:15:50 +0200
From:      "Adrian Pavlykevych" <pam@polynet.lviv.ua>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bootstrap doesn't recognize keyboardless config

Hi everybody,

I have stuck trying to setup headless (w/o keyboard, monitor) server.

I can force kernel and boot to use serial console via COMCONSOLE and
FORCE_COMCOMSOLE compile options, but README.serial in
/usr/src/sys/i386/boot/biosboot states that default behaviour of bootstrap
code is as follows: if it detects keyboard it starts with video console, if no it switches to
serial console. I can't get it to work this way.

It seems that bootstrap doesn't detect that keyboard is absent.

Can somebody give some sound advices?
Adrian Pavlykevych         |  State University "Lvivska Polytechnica"
System Administrator       |  12, St. Bandery str,
Campus Computer Network    |  Lviv, 290646
email: pam@polynet.lviv.ua |  Ukraine
tel/fax:+380 (322) 742041  |