Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:41:18 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        rsharpe@ns.aus.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does anyone know if the Broadcom BCM5700 has problems with HW csum?

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 04:45:58PM +1030, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I am playing with a driver for the Broadcom 5700/5701.
>=20
> It recognizes the 5700 in my 3Com cards OK, but seems to screw up the=20
> TCP checksum.
>=20
> Switching off hardware checksum capability fixes it.
>=20
> Does anyone know the details of which stepping this stuff worked on?

There was a commit to current a few hours ago disabling hardware
checksums on recieve due to corruption problems.  It will be MFC'd in
three days though it's a two line fix so you could apply it your self:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/bge/if_bge.c.diff?r1=3D1.=
4&r2=3D1.5

-- Brooks

--=20