Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:35:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jamie@dilbert.iagnet.net (Jamie Rishaw)
To:        hdm@demon.net (Dom Mitchell)
Cc:        rif@nix.kconline.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does anyone filter e-mail headers

Point out to him that RFC822 says you need Received in there:
-snip-
     received    =  "Received"    ":"            ; one per relay
                       ["from" domain]           ; sending host
                       ["by"   domain]           ; receiving host
                       ["via"  atom]             ; physical path
                      *("with" atom)             ; link/mail protocol
                       ["id"   msg-id]           ; receiver msg id
                       ["for"  addr-spec]        ; initial form
-snip-

Tell him that if you take it out, the company that runs the InterNet
might prosecute you or something ;-)

--
jamie g.k. rishaw  dal/efnet:gavroche          Internet Access Group
'whois JGR2' for PGP keyID/Fingerprint __      Network Operations/TSD