Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 17:17:14 +0200
From:      administrator <administrator@demon.dod.niss.gov.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Brandname compability

Good day(morning, afternoon, evening)!
Ladies&gentelmen I've some questions about using FreeBSD 2.2.2 under
COMPAQ XL466 Series Workstation. The 2.2.2-RELEASE don't install on this
system. The simtomatic picture is follows:
 - when it boot, all devices and SCSI controllers were viewed;
 - when it came to hte point from which begining to select installation
media, system halted and don't says anything;
 - debug report at virtual console says that IOCTL was done
saccsesfully.
I think that my hardware don't support by this release of FreeBSD. Am I
right?
If you can help me with that thing, please reply to E-mail address:
vova@dod.niss.gov.ua

Thank you for your help. With the best wishes, Vladimir V. Tkatchenko