Date:      Sat, 17 May 1997 13:55:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Yaning Wang <yaning@shell.dave-world.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need some sucessful stories

On Fri, 16 May 1997, Yaning Wang wrote:
> Packard Bell Legend 100CD
> HD1 Western Digital 2.5G, control by EZ drive
> HD2 Seagate 420M
> CDROM Matshita CDROM/Panasonic Drive CR-563(connect with a sound card)

I don't use a drive manager so I have no ideas if this will really
work, but..

I suggest making the 420MB drive your C drive with the 2G as D.

Partition it with about 60MB for FreeBSD and the rest for DOS.
Partition the 2.5G drive to taste (2G FreeBSD, 500M dos :)

Install windows

Install FreeBSD putting / on the 60MB partition and /var and /usr
on the second drive.  The root partition really doesn't need much
room at all if you give both /var and /usr to their own filesystem.
A recent 2.2 install of mine has less than 30M in /
You'll probably want to put the swap partition on the second
drive to since windows really insists on using drive C for a
lot of stuff so that space will be precious.

The drive manager *should not* pose a problem when used on the
second drive since FreeBSD won't be looking at the bootblocks
there.

Let me know how it goes.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com