Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 22:15:41 -0500
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   'make index' is borked

From a CVSup just moments ago 'make index' seems to be broken.
There are probably a number of ports affected but at least on
my system a 'make describe' in ports/audio/extace bails with

steve@bonsai(/usr/ports/audio/extace)$ make describe
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 2218: Inconsistent operator for pre-everything
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

I'll take a closer look at it soon but I've only had ~4 hours
worth of sleep in the last 72 hours so I'm due for some rest
right now.  Many blessings to the person(s) that fixes it or
shows me the error of my ways before I get up. :)

-steve