Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 18:36:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Excellence in the FreeBSD camp!

> Well, I have great news to report!  Both my fxtv and xquake with sound now
> work!!!!  The problem with fxtv was the tuner problem.  I had to follow
> Bernie and Steve's advice and change the probe order of the tuners so it
> recognized mine as a Philips NTSC tuner instead of a PAL tuner.  In fact,
> right now I am watching Wil Smith's "Men In Black" video as I type this!!

Glad to hear. Congrats.

> =)  Also, xquake now works with sound!!!! Thanks Amancio and everyone
> else, it was refreshing to play xquake with sound.  Really something kewl.
> There are some people I know whos only reason not to use FreeBSD was
> because of no sound in quake, now they can have that too.  The only

Well, I still don't have sound, but I don't have the time or financial
resources to fix that problem properly.

> problem I have noticed in fxtv is that only certain channels seem to work.
> I remember seeing a document somewhere talking about this.  Anyone know
> what could be wrong or where that document is?  Thanks again!

What do you mean doesn't work? Just snow, or just a lack of sync hold? Are
you watching on a CATV system or over the air? I found my Wincast to be
pretty deaf and in need of a preamp before I ended up using my VCR as a
tuner front end.

Bernie