Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 01:54:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current users <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: schg flag on make world in -CURRENT

On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, J Wunsch wrote:

> As -Vince- wrote:
> >
> > 	I know and I am in the group wheel, what I meant was like how to
> > bypass the schg flags when doing a make world since the only way is to
> > boot single user at the console and I am logging in from somewhere else
> > usually.
>
> That's only if you're using a higher "secure level".  The default one
> allows you to chflags also in multi-user mode.  Running "make world"
> on a machine with an increased security level is self-contradictory
> (IMHO).

	I am using the default one but somehow it doesn't let me do a
finish the make world since it can't do chflags unless I ran noflags on
the directories on my own beforehand.  Could it be due to the fact that I
am su-ing from a non-secure pty?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin - http://www.COSC.GOV/~vince
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan/Priscilla Chan Fan Club
Mailing Lists Admin