Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 22:04:14 -0400
From:      "Richard Secor" <rsecor@seqlogic.com>
To:        "Geoffrey Robinson" <geoffr@globalserve.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Max Number of Records in Password File

as far as i know it only goes to 65535..... - the defaults that you need to
have ......

i have done some dup uids in pw files but the file/dir always comes up as
owned by the first username it finds in the pw file that goes with the
number.    (this is the same with the group)    (tried this on AIX, HP/UX,
and FreeBSD)

i would say that you cant do it without major security risks and major
possible system problems in the future......

I have to ask because you said something......

Why do you need to know this?

-=Richard Secor
   Sequential Logic=-