Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:24:26 -0500
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Home Network

Hi,
I am in the very early stages of trying to put together a home network
and would like to run it bye a few people to see if it is possible
before I go all out.

I have three computers. One which will be running FreeBSD 3.1. A MAC and
a Win 98 machine.

Obviously the FreeBSD machine will be the server. I have a static IP
adress from my ISP and would like to connect to the internet with my 56K
modem and network the other two to this so they two can get onto the
internet .I guess via a gateway I supply with the FreeBSD machine.

I know the this could get bogged down if all three machines are trying
to do something at the same time, but this would be rare.

I know this is very vague and I have alot of reading to do, but is this
sort of thing possible.

I guess I would need an ethernet card in each machine and a hub??

Thanks
Rick