Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 06:07:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        chris.smith@raytheon.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pine 4.21 problem...

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000 chris.smith@raytheon.co.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed Pine 4.21 from the ports onto FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE, and have a
> nice problem which I cant work out.
>
> When I send mail using ^X from the compose screen, it refuses to send the mail
> and drops an error 451 (whatever that is).  I've searched the documentation and
> found no mention of that error anywhere.  Other MUAs work fine by the way.  I
> have a .pinerc as provided and there is no pine.conf on the system.  It is
> attempting to send using sendmail with the default options it provides too.

I'd look in /var/log/maillog for errors matching your send attempts. One
possibility is that you're using an invalid From: address which modern
sendmail versions will reject out of the box with a 451 error.

hth

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/