Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 02:28:54 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        "Michael V. Harding" <mvh@netcom.com>
Cc:        croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.5 release, can it be postponed?

> Actually, on a related note, it would be nice if ppp had a 'lock' file
> you could check to see if the connection was up.  I use
> /var/spool/lock/LCK..cuaa1 for this purpose, but it would be nice if
> PPP had a way of telling cron jobs directly.  I check for mail every 6
> minutes if the connection is up, and every 2 hours if it's not.  With
> dial-on-demand, of course.

See my other post:

  pppctl -v -p xxx 3000 show log | grep ^PPP >/dev/null && echo OK

Ppp can really do a lot more than it used to.  The docs are
infinitely more detailed too :-)

I just wish people would stop finding bugs :-I

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.org>;