Date:      Sat, 13 May 2000 22:53:31 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ports silently marked BROKEN

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 10:40:57PM -0400, Randall Hopper wrote:

> There must be a buglet in the process somewhere, because the MAINTAINER
> address is correct, the distfile was unfetchable, and I received no mail.
>
> I receive all my list mail on that address BTW (like these -ports e-mails)
> so I know it has been operational.

revision 1.6
date: 2000/04/30 00:39:01;  author: kris;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -1
Mark BROKEN: does not compile

Noticed by:     bento

It was marked broken because it didn't compile, not because it was unfetchable.

Your friends would have noticed this when they tried to compile it, we at
least saved them the trouble of fetching something that doesn't work.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect / Computer Horizons Corp - CVM
e-mail: billf@chc-chimes.com / billf@FreeBSD.org