Date:      Fri, 10 May 2013 03:33:26 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        stephen@missouri.edu
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: USE_TEX question

----Security_Multipart(Fri_May_10_03_33_26_2013_588)--

Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@missouri.edu> wrote
  in <518BDE81.3060008@missouri.edu>:

st> So I have a port, math/sage, which now contains in Makefile the line
st> USE_TEX=	tetex
st>
st> I have intalled the texlive ports.  So now if I try to install
st> math/sage, it gives me error messages about CONFLICTS, which I think
st> arise from the fact that math/sage thinks that it has to first install
st> tetex, and this conflict with various texlive ports.
st>
st> But, math/sage is TEX agnostic.  It doesn't care whether it is tetex
st> or texlive that is installed.  All it really wants to know is if there
st> is a useable latex in PATH.
st>
st> It would be nice if there was a USE_TEX=yes option, or something like
st> that, which I could put into the math/sage port.

 It is possible after r317744, but please wait until problem reports
 about the TeXLive ports are quieted down first.

-- Hiroki