Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 02:51:45 -0700
From:      notme <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        "P. McNeill" <pmcneill@monterey.k12.ca.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as Fileserver?

Hi,
    You can definitly use FreeBSD as a fileserver.  In fact,
I have setup one for my own high school. (Durango High
School, Las Vegas.  My teacher loved it! :) You can use
Samba, which allows PCs to see the FreeBSD server, and
NetATalk, which allows filesharing with Macs.  Printers
can also be shared using Samba.  (However, I am not sure
about Macs since I have no experience with NetATalk)

If you would want more information, you can check out
www.samba.org
www.freebsd.org
or
contact me through e-mail.  I personally wrote a program that
writes a csh shell script for adding users. (it reads in from an
external file, which contains username, password, period, and
room number.  Please, parton me for the "hacky solution",
I personally don't know much about shell scripts.)

The best of all is, all the user added could be destroyed by setting
an expiration day on their account! :)  And all of these is FREE! :)

Frankie Li