Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 1995 00:44:04 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

In message <19824.796077849@freefall.cdrom.com> Jordan K. Hubbard
    writes:

>2. lynx.  This would give users the ability to browse any HTML doc we
>   supply.  Mosaic will become an optional package for the X users.

lynx version still under development, 2-3-7 isn't official version
(but working for me), I just trace _latest_ version in ports.
If we can live with this, OK.

Lynx team is resistand about FreeBSD patches, I send all things to
them several times with no response.
Jordan, can you (as official FreeBSD speaker) contact with them?

>I also know that the bloatists will scream, but all I can offer in way
>of defense is to say that this is a pretty inevitable part of the
>software vs advancing customer expectations part of the field and you
>all might as well get used to it.  We're hardly the only folks adding
>features daily, and if anything we've been pretty restrained in
>comparison to Microsoft, IBM and Novell!

We definitely needs gmake in our gnu tree if we plan to pick up lynx and
don't want to touch Makefiles without serious needs.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -