Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2012 17:25:08 -0400
From:      Robert Simmons <rsimmons0@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Skype 4.0

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Rich Neese <r.neese@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just wish skype would get off their buts and make a bsd version. time
> to break code and make a opensource version

That's not the answer.  Really, everyone needs to move away from Skype
altogether.  Use Blink.  It is a superior client and it uses SIP
rather than Skype's network.  Making a FreeBSD port of it has been on
my list of things to do for quite a while, I just haven't had the
time.

If you want to check it out you can find it here:
http://devel.ag-projects.com/repositories/blink-qt/

It is written in Python, and it is GPL.  There is a MacOS binary and a
Windows binary download of it on their website.
http://icanblink.com/index.phtml