Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 21:34:42 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        Jerry.Kendall@vmicls.com, julian@ref.tfs.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compiling Linux Binaries under FreeBSD

Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:

> > Not a complaint here, BUT, why would someone want to
> > compile and run all the LINUX binaries while running FreeBSD ???
>
> I don't think there are many good reasons.  In fact, I'll run the risk
> of offending a few people by saying that it'd be downright stupid.

As the original poster has already explained, the intention is to use the
single machine (the only one available to them) for simultaneous cross-
platform development and testing.

To me, this sounds quite reasonable; along the lines of the not inconsiderable
number of DOS and Windows developers who use OS/2 as their preferred
development and testing platform.

> general populace.  Being able to run things like Linux Wingz,
> WordPerfect or the Caldera desktop - now THAT makes sense.

I still haven't been able to find that pestiferous WP demo.  Does anyone
have a URL for it?

> 					Jordan

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[