Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:18:44 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Looking for help with Crontab event

	Hi all.  I was fiddling around with something and came across an idea I
wanted to try.

	I've got one machine that has a shell server on it that supplies access to
some special stuff for our field techs.  I only need up and available
between the hours of 4p - 12 midnight Thursday through Monday for any of
our techs going out into the field.  I'm looking to setup a cron job that
only fires on the hour starting at 4p for all jobs and every hour after
that to cycle one of the programs that will be running, then have it shut
down shell and all the other stuff at Midnight.

	I've thought of some ways to do this, but it requires I think personally
too many entries to pull off.  Here's the basic list of programs that I
need to run/cycle/kill on que at given times.

	SSH -> Start at 4pm, kill at midnight
	Spen -> Start at 4pm, cycle every hour, kill at midnight.
	Kvar -> Start at 4pm, kill at midnight.
	CvarSS2 -> Start at 4pm, cycle every 2 hours, kill at midnight.

	I also need to make sure that none of these programs are started either
Tuesday or Wednesday since this server is busy doing other things those
days and techs should only be logging into the Vlan through VPN to do
remote maintenance or get info off the lan that they need, etc.

	I realize it's kind of a weird setup, but it's worked before this just
fine.  Can anyone give me a general shakedown on how to do this as easily
as possible?  Thanks.  I understand cron fairly well, but I'm trying to do
this in the simplest manor possible, so any help is welcome.  Thanks.
- The Raiden Knows

"Remember amateurs built the ark  -- professionals built the Titanic." -
Unknown

"Just when you think you have life figured out and all is going well, watch
your step, for you are about to fall." - Ancient Proverb