Date:      Mon, 24 May 2010 22:07:16 +0100
From:      Geoffrey Ferrari <geoffrey.ferrari@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend/Resume problem on Thinkpad X201 (8-STABLE)

On Monday 24 May 2010 01:05 pm, Scott Lambert wrote:
> Are you in X when you sleep?  Have you tried after switching to ttyv0
> first?  CTRL-ALT-F1 from X.

I've tried suspending/resuming both from the console and from X. The
same problem with the screen not re-awakening occurs in both cases.

> I have this in my rc.suspend, right after the creation of the
> /var/run/rc.suspend.pid file.
>
> /usr/sbin/vidcontrol -s 1 < /dev/ttyv0
>
> I also unload the wireless driver in rc.suspend, and load it in
> rc.resume.  But my wireless card's microPCI slot doesn't seem to get
> fully renabled on resume yet.

I tried both of these suggestions but sadly no luck. Thanks for your
suggestions, Scott, anyway. By the way, what is your machine? Is it a
Thinkpad X201 or something similar?

Two other pieces of information that may be useful:
1) Suspend/resume works perfectly under the latest Ubuntu, without any
special configuration.
2) I've upgraded the machine's BIOS using the latest update from Lenovo.