Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 13:36:08 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        stefan.bethke@hanse.de (Stefan Bethke)
Cc:        kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au (Kris Kennaway), kueda@jupiter.qse.tohoku.ac.jp (Ueda Kazukiyo), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Seti project / stats reset, new version available

#define quoting(Stefan Bethke)
// Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
// > On Tue, 18 May 1999, Ueda, Kazukiyo wrote:
// > One thing I've been meaning to look at though is that it seems to run it
// > at niceness 1, which isn't exactly friendly to the other consumers of
// > CPU. You should be able to tweak it easily, though.
//
// Would you suggest a different default nice level, then, and what should it
// be?
//
// One can easily modifiy ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d/setiathome.sh to run it with
// -nice 100, and I'm open to making a level other that 1 the default.

  What about idprio ?  And the installer or manual could also suggest
the sysctl tweaks to avoid lazy CPU response.

					Jonny

--
João Carlos Mendes Luís			jonny@jonny.eng.br
  Networking Enginner			jcml@ieee.org