Date:      Sat, 06 Nov 2010 12:05:32 +0100
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dying disk

On 6-11-2010 11:02, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On 06/11/2010 09:35, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
>> My system disk is dying. No problem here. I know how to move a FreeBSD
>> system to new hardware. I have a question though about my GEOM mirror.
>> The system now had one geom mirror consisting of two 1Tb drives. How can
>> I move that mirror over to the Fbsd system on the new hardware. I guess
>> I don't know the right steps to take on a new fbsd system for an
>> existing geom mirror. Any help is welcome.
> Do you mean physically moving over the disk hardware behind the gmirror
> from one machine to another?
Thanks for the  answer so far. No, I don't intend to buy a new system.
I'll just replace the old system drive with a new one in the same
system. If I understand you corrrectly it will be enough to have
geom_load set on this new fbsd install to have FreeBSD load (and create)
the existing geom mirror I now already have?