Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 01:52:00 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        mcalvo@maxcalvo.net ("Max Calvo")
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: news server

On 26 Apr 1999 19:25:49 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a news server that I can setup in FreeBSD? any help or
>pointer will be greatly appreciated

We used to use INND back in the 1.7.x days.  It was great then.  We looked
at innd 2.x, but it didnt meet our needs last back in Novemeber.  Then we
tried DNEWS and it has been generally problem free since then.  Also, if
you are used to innd, the transition is quite easy.  DNEWS works quite well
with FreeBSD.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,