Date:      Sun, 18 Sep 2016 20:20:54 -0400
From:      Baho Utot <baho-utot@columbus.rr.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Updating multiple computers

Here is what I have done, I need some guidance to complete my journey

I now understand the differences in the base source repositories and I
know now that I need the releng-10.1 source.

I have pulled that source using svnlite and I am able to build the base
system and kernel following the handbook. I have also learned how to
create a "release" by reading the release man page and have done so. I
then scripted this to update the local svn base source code, then build
a "release" and then copy the release to a network server.

OK now the next step or issue:

How do I use that release assuming that it is on a network server to
update/upgrade multiple systems?

I know I could use the memstick image from "my release build" to install
a system,  I am under the assumption that I can not use that to
update/upgrade a system only install.  I have the tarball that release
generates as well.

Can freebsd-update be "tricked" into using my built release system or
will it only use the freebsd servers?

  It is ok offer improved ways or complete new ways of doing this or
tell me that "it just don't work that way"

When my journey is complete I will/should be able to pull the source and
install/update/upgrade multiple system, or at lease that is what I am
attempting to do.

Thank you for your time