Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:24:32 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        "Chris A. Mattingly" <camattin@camattin.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: awk woes

Quoting "Chris A. Mattingly" <camattin@camattin.com>:

 | In trying to recompile php-4.2.1 on my current -current system, to go
 | along with the new apache, I've run into some problems that haven't shown
 | up in all the other places I've had to recompile apache/php these past
 | few days which is why I'm here first instead of on the php lists....

<snip>
 | No other OS's seem to complain about this, so why is freebsd?
 |
 | Has anyone been successful getting php4 compiled on -current?

I was compiling Apache/2.0.39 port with ssl and had runtime issues with
sapi in my php4.2.1.  I saw thatAlex Dupre <sysadmin@alexdupre.com>
had submitted ports/39623: [New Ports] Development versions of PHP,
PEAR and mod_php.  He sent me a tarball of the port since it hasn't
been committed yet.  I used it and am running happily since about
10 am this morning.  It has all the bells and whistles for php and
lets you select sapi for apache13 or apache2.

I can attach the tarball if you would like.

ed