Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2012 14:58:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stuart Barkley <stuartb@4gh.net>
To:        Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
Cc:        "multimedia@FreeBSD.org" <multimedia@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: no distfile for linux-realplayer?

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 at 14:34 -0000, Paul Beard wrote:

> I keep getting errors that the file is truncated: not sure what's
> going on, if it's my network or what. It seems to be non-unique to
> me. Can the distfile be housed somewhere it can be retrieved? Or is
> there a dependency I can remove?

Sometimes vendors regenerate a distfile (giving it a different
checksum) but don't change the name.  You might comment out the
related entries in /usr/ports/multimedia/linux-realplayer/distinfo and
hope the new file is mostly like the old one (and that no man in the
middle is tampering with the file).

My ~2 week old ports checkout has this port marked as BROKEN, probably
for this reason.  I had to comment out BROKEN in the Makefile to
attempt the download at all.

For the record the sha256 of the file I downloaded today is:

SHA256 (/usr/ports/distfiles/RealPlayer-10.0.9.809-20070726.i586.rpm) = 158cde6b886abb7b30a669fb795435997b28fc005d4d96ff83168f1e4b9c83f1

I don't use this port, nor can I vouch for this checksum.

Stuart
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone