Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2014 09:05:22 -0500
From:      "Jerry" <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: freebsd-update - 10.0 to 10.1

> On Monday, November 17, 2014 02:31:28 PM andrew clarke
> wrote:
>=20
> > Which is somewhat at odds with the message you saw from
> > freebsd-update:
>=20
> Yes, exactly.
>=20
> I've been through major version upgrades before (6 to 7, 7 to 8, 8 to =
9 and 9
> to 10), and this is the first time freebsd-update is asking me to =
rebuild Ports
> for a minor version.
>=20
> I'll proceed without the Ports rebuild and report back here.

I received the same message. I decided to go ahead and do a complete =
rebuild of the ports. The message also stated that I should run =
"freebsd-update install" after rebuilding the ports. I assume I do that =
before rebooting the machine. Is that correct? I am also assuming that I =
should rebuild the ports BEFORE rebooting. I hope so. Because that is =
what I am doing and there was no message that stated I should reboot =
first.

--=20
Jerry