Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 19:04:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Lars Fredriksen <fredriks@Mcs.Net>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        lars@fredriks-1.pr.mcs.net, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recent (last two days) smp kernel is hanging for me

Steve Passe writes:

> I assumme that X works OK in same setup but with UP kernel.  Does this card
> actually use INTs?
>
> So as long as grinning seems to work, can you rearrange the cards so that
> the VGA tries to use pin 20? In other words get it next to the ahc1 card
> so that it tries to share an INT with it.  This will probably reguire minor
> changes to the patch I sent, but they should be obvious.
>
>  Having said this I CANNOT think of any reason X should break relative to
> the APIC code...  I've never seen a modern PCI VGA card that actually uses
> INTs.  If anyone has theories for this please shout.
>
> So at least we seem to have confirmed that the mptable is the main problem.
> Now we have to figure out why yours is so obviously wrong, and no-one else
> with supermicro MBs has encountered it.  Are there any options in the BIOS
> involving MP spec version?  it should be 1.4 if settable.  does anyone have
> an electronic version of the BIOS manual for the P6DNxxx boards, I couldn't
> find any at their web site.

Hi Steve,
	Well I guess I didn't try hard enough. A complete poweroff seemed
to have fixed the video controller. The only thing I can think off here
is that the Imagine-128-2 doesn't alway initialize correctly. There are some
issues with the X server for that cards in other areas. So it appears that
The only problem right now is my mptable. I'll send you a hard copy of the
BIOS manual first thing in the morning.

Thanks for all the help folks!

Lars

Lars Fredriksen		fredriks@mcs.com		(home)