Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2005 20:34:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [HEADSUP] latest update to the Ports Monitoring System

I've finally been able to do some needed maintainence on the FreeBSD
Ports Monitoring System ( http://portsmon.firepipe.net ).  While the
changes are minor there is always the chance that something has been
destabilized.  Please let me know (off-list) if this is the case.

The user-visible changes are:

 - the 'overview of one port' page will now display the full string
   for the fields BROKEN, DEPRECATED, EXPIRATION_DATE, FORBIDDEN, and
   IGNORE, rather than just noting that they are set.

 - the periodic email that is sent to ports maintainers to remind
   them of open PRs about their ports now has a new option.  For
   cases where the maintainer already knows about the PR it is now
   possible to avoid sending that email.  (The code was already smart
   enough not to do so if the submitter's email is the same as the
   maintainer's email).  This is intended for the case where the
   maintainer submitted a PR from a different address; the maintainer
   has already approved the PR and it's in the queue; or the PR is
   suspended awaiting some other commit.

   I've you've replied to one of these emails in the past to let me
   know that you already know, please, let me know again (and please,
   off-list).  I have tried to set the ones that I can easily find but
   I have over a thousand pieces of ports-related email saved off and
   have undoubtedly missed some.

   Currently the switch has to be set by me, and it's only settable on
   a PR-by-PR basis.  Due to my own time constraints, don't expect that
   to change soon ...

Again, if there are any regressions, please let me know off-list.

mcl