Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 2002 17:47:33 +0200
From:      alex <ml-freebsd-isp@phobgate.de>
To:        dec2 <dec2@inetu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Actual bandwidth used vs. statistics reports - customer  explaination

Hi,

ipfw also includes IP/TCP/UDP header, ICMP packages. webalizer does not.
webalizer just counts the transmitted data from server->client, no recieved
headers. no http post operations. several response codes of webserver (all
!= 200) are also not included. maybe explains some extra % of the real
traffic.

alex