Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 17:19:54 -0600
From:      Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I want native FreeBSD Apps

On Sun, Dec 20, 1998 at 04:19:53PM -0700, Douglas C. Garrick wrote:
> I think that FreeBSD is the ultimate desktop OS.

It is, but we don't want it to go the direction of Linux and have it
become a *primarily* desktop OS...

> My real question is however, "What does it take to get application
> software vendors to start writing 'native' FreeBSD apps?".   I just

You have to keep pestering them.  Start a petition.  Someone did this
recently regarding Intuit's QuickBooks, and they were successful in
getting them to agree to a port.  Similar things have happened with
ApplixWare and Oracle.  Still other software packages are looking good,
such as WordPerfect and StarOffice (keep pestering them until they give
in!)
---end quoted text---

--
drwho @ xnet.com, BOFH  --  http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/