Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:28:07 +0100
From:      Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ALT/GR key not working under X11

Hi list,

What can i do to get the ALT/GR key of my Logitech keyboard with german Layout
working?
The umlauts (äöüÄÖÜß) are working and so is the general layout, but i cannot
type the "at" sign for email addresses or the "backslash". Bot of them can only
be accessed with ALT/GR (ALT/GR + Q for "at").

The relevant part of my XF86Config reads:

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
         Driver      "keyboard"
         Option      "XkbModel" "pc104"
         Option      "XkbLayout" "de"

It is the very same as i use under Linux. The only difference is that Linux uses
Xfree86 4.1, while FreeBSD uses XFree86-Server-4.3.0_1

Can someone help? Being unable to type the "at" sign is really bad!!

Heinrich

--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341