Date:      Mon, 16 May 2011 05:00:21 +0000
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <ae@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SVN r221788: GEOM_PART: integrity check failed (da0, MBR); Western Digital "My Book"

--000e0cdfca4e5bf85604a35d880a

2011/5/16 Andrey V. Elsukov <ae@freebsd.org>:
> On 16.05.2011 7:48, Brandon Gooch wrote:
>> GEOM_PART: integrity check failed (da0, MBR)
>>
>> The message regarding the integrity check seems to be emitted by code
>> from that revision.
>>
>> What information can I provide to help troubleshoot the issue? I'm new
>> to GEOM troubleshooting...
>
> Can you show output of `gpart list da0` from the last worked kernel,
> or make a copy of first sector and send it to me.
> You can do it with this command:
> # dd if=/dev/da0 of=~/mbr count=1
>
> MBR will be saved in your home directory.
> Also, recently i added a workaround in r221972, you can disable
> integrity checking with sysctl kern.geom.part.check_integrity=0
>
> --
> WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov

Thanks for the sysctl tunable, I hadn't noticed that commit before
sending my message. As expected, setting the sysctl as provided above
allowed the filesystem to be mounted.

As requested, I've attached the MBR from the device in question. Let
me know if it doesn't come through.

Thank you!

-Brandon

--000e0cdfca4e5bf85604a35d880a--