Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 2001 00:10:38 -0800
From:      W Gerald Hicks <gehicks@cisco.com>
To:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Kal Torak <kaltorak@iname.com>
Subject:   Re: Ports updating... Good ways?

[redirected to ports]

(Hi Bruce :-)

In thinking about this further, it seems to me there is also some
missing metadata that one would need to automate port upgrades reliably.

There doesn't seem to be anything that relates previous versions of a
port to an updated one.  At least not in a rigorous manner that could be
trusted by naive scripts...

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
gehicks@cisco.com