Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:05:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        Anggara Nugroho <anggara@asia-karsa.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Firewall

That depends on what you want your firewall to do.

  If you're using Userland PPP with a dialup connection you can use
the filtering rules built in to PPP.  See /etc/ppp/ppp.conf.sample for
more info on this one.

  If you're not using Userland PPP or if you have a more permanent
connection you can use either Natd, or my personal favorite, IPFilter.