Date:      Tue,  8 Oct 2002 16:03:03 -0400
From:      "2005 - Chill, Samuel Thomas" <stchill@mccallie.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Puzzling Simple NATD and IPFW Problem

I have ipfirewall, ipdivert, and dummynet all compiled into my kernel. I am able to run run natd and to specify rules with ipfw, i can also ping my external interface. My internal network card (rl1) is 10.0.0.1 and my lan clients are running on 10.0.0.x. I can ping everything, the network is setup properly. Im using the default rules supplied in the man page and apperently natd is not passing them on. I cant ping or go to any website at all. The lan clients have 10.0.0.1 set as there default gateway. rl0 is connected to the cable modem and gets it ip via dhcp. The freebsd box can ping any thing but apparently nothing is forwarded to the external interface. I have double checked and reinstalled multiple times and it seems that it is bound to never work!