Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:02:01 +0100
From:      Pavol Adamec <pavol_adamec@tempest.sk>
To:        Dennis Jun <dennisjun@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP_DROP_SYNFIN

I'm not sure what you excatly ment by that but:

TCP_DROP_SYNFIN forces kernel to drop packets with BOTH SYN and
FIN flags set. nmap -sS is a "half-open scan" - it send packets
with only SYN flag set.
What you likely want is TCP_RESTRICT_RST - not to emit RST for SYN
packets to non-listening ports.

Paul